Below you see the last five blog entries. Click on the Title (it’s in blue) to read the entire entry on my blog site. I began blogging in July of 2011, so if you are locked away in a hotel in the Rockies for the winter, and you have an internet connection, now you have plenty to read. <smile> Enjoy!!
- DarknessIt’s not been a “holly jolly” kind of year. In this season, the struggle to maintain without being overwhelmed can be particularly difficult. Some of it is of course the darkness. For those of us who live in more extreme latitudes the difference in the length of days between midsummer and midwinter is considerable. North […]
- Deck the Halls….I seriously debated pulling out all the decorations this year. It’s not as though I’ll be entertaining. I’m not even sure I’ll get to baking (although I’m thinking I’d like to try.) Thing is with so much greed and anger in the world, and the days getting longer and darker, and with unseasonably warm weather […]
- ThanksgivingThanksgiving this year was at my sister’s house. She and her husband have a lovely space with a beautiful kitchen and it’s close to my parents so it’s the logical spot for family gatherings. I keep saying that I’m grateful that she’s the one doing the work! My little sister and her family didn’t make […]
- HuntingI missed posting last week because of hunting season. We went up to my parents for the week. They don’t have the internet. We were up before dawn bundling up to sit in the cold and back again at dusk. In the meantime there were meals to make, housekeeping to tend to and just visiting. […]
- ComfortThe temperatures are dropping and the wind is gusting. The cold and damp are fitting for the season, they set the mood. There are ghosts walking. I am at that age where parents die in clusters. This is the way of things, of course, but that doesn’t make it easy. I worry about my own […]